martes, 15 de julio de 2014

How I got here.

My name is Ana. 
I'm a primary teacher in a bilingual public school in Villalbilla, Madrid, Spain. It is called CEIP Peñas Albas. I've been teaching here 12 years out of the 16 years I've worked.. Wow, time goes by so fast!!!!..., 5 of them in the bilingual program, 3 here in Madrid and 2 in Richmond, California, USA, a lovely experience.


I'm a mother of 3 beautiful young girls of 10, 8 and 3 years old... which take all my time after school is finished. We love baking, so after homework is done we love creating new delicious desserts!!!!


I love my job and I'm always looking for great ideas  to bring into my classes. Here in Spain I only teach English, Science and Arts and Crafts. So, I co-teach with the Language Arts and Math teacher, the P.E. teacher and the Music teacher. I've seen how life has change around us, society, kids.. many changes had taken place around us... but inside school, things seem to be stuck in time. Teachers lectures kids and kids sit still at their desks quietly, and teacher struggle to keep them calm... I realized things couldn't keep up this way... so I started talking to other teachers until Judy came across WBT and said " you have to check these videos out, this is what we have been looking for". So we did.. we started using the Four Core Basics: Class-yes, Teach-Okay, 5 Classroom rules (we added two more) and the Scoreboard. We kept on reading and using more and more things in our classes.

Teachers at school started asking us about the Class-yes, they heard in our classrooms... It really works, no?
We spread the news with some other teachers and here I am now... reading and reading in order to increase my knowledge about WBT... I'm becoming a real Wibbeteer (I just found out is how Whole Brain Teaching Teachers are called and I love it!!!)... so here is how I got here.

2 comentarios: